Our mission is to stimulate spiritual, social and economic transformation in the communities in which we work. This is done, motivated by Christian values, through three inter-locking programmes, aimed at rescuing, restoring and empowering people in need.
- Rescuing activities include:
Left: A Grandmother and great grand children
- Home based care for widows and child bereavement counselling
- Support with food and clothing during economic crises
- Reading and gospel groups for children under 13
- Youth empowerment through soccer and netball
- Assisting people to obtain their identity cards, birth certificates etc
Foster parenting and “safe houses” in the community (this will be implemented when we have adequate resources)
- Restoration activities include:
Left: A group work exercise during a parenting skills courses
- Parenting skills courses
- Financial literacy
- Small business skills training
- Household vegetable gardens
3. Empowering activities include:
Left: A savings and credit group meeting.
- Savings and credit groups
- Bible study
- Mentoring support for micro-enterprises
Two videos on the media page provide:
- perspectives on the organization’s activities as a whole.
The following videos will follow in due time:
- rescue activities
- restoration activities; and
- empowerment activities.
Nonprofit Organisation No. 037-356-NPO (since 2005)
Public Benefit Organisation No. 930005175 (since 2005)
Hope Trust is rated a Level One contributor (135% B-BBEE procurement recognition) and your donation can help you with your BEE ratings. Hope Trust is a registered Non – Profit Organization which is tax exempt in terms of Section 18A (1) of the Income Tax Act 1962, as amended. All donations to us are tax deductible. Read more..